Schedule Your Appointment Below:
Step 1: Call or Email
Call or Email to schedule your appointment (Veterinarians Only)
New Customers receive the first ultrasound for FREE!
Step 2: Submit Form
Submit your patient’s appointment information by clicking the form link below.
For an Efficient Ultrasound Appointment
Carolina Veterinary Mobile generally provides a 2-hour arrival window at time of scheduling and calls 20-30 minutes before arrival. On receipt of this phone call, the team should know that all case history has been submitted and that the patient is on site, prepared for ultrasound, and sedated if necessary.
- With owner consent, shave the appropriate areas prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- Wait for us if you are unsure of shave margins.
- With owner consent, sedate the patient as necessary. Especially for abdominal studies, reduced patient anxiety and comfort will give the best diagnostic yield. Sedation can help achieve this.
- If FNA is requested, sedation or anesthesia is especially important.
- The requesting veterinarian is responsible for the administration of any drugs and the continued monitoring of the patient.
- Please contact us with any questions about sedation.
3. Additional Appointment Information
- The patient should be dropped off to your facility ahead of the scheduled appointment time. Due to the nature of mobile services, it may be possible to visit ahead of the predicted window. We will call ahead of any changes.
- It is often possible to add another scan appointment to your initial scheduled request. Please call to verify additional appointment space is available.
- A veterinary technician or assistant is required to hold the patient during the exam. If sedation or anesthesia is administered, a veterinary technician is required to monitor the patient.
- The exam usually is completed within 20-30 minutes for a single cavity.
- Upon completion of the exam, Dr. Byrnes prepares a comprehensive report. For echocardiograms, the image set and supplemental documents are uploaded for interpretation by SonoPath Boarded Specialists (both in cardiology and ABVP).
- Turnaround time for routine reports is 24 hours or less. A STAT interpretation is available in 6 hours or less for an additional fee.
- Pet Owner/ Guardian attendance during any ultrasound exam is not permitted due to liability.
Looking for Your Ultrasound Report?
Use your clinic username and password to access this site.